Office syndrome is a group of symptoms suffered by 60 – 70% of office workers between the age of 16 and 35 years. It is also common among those above 55 years old.
Symptoms of office syndrome are:
- Headache and neck, shoulder and back pain
- Aching arms, wrists and fingers
- Numbness of wrists or feet
- Eye stain, dry eyes and glare
- These symptoms may also be due to chronic underlying illness, such as arthritis or neuritis
Causes of office syndrome stems from one or more of the following factors:
- Spending too much time in front of the computer every day without break
- Poor ergonomics knowledge
- Poor working environment
Mission Health Promotion Center offers programs to prevent and treat office syndrome.